10.29.2009

Wedding Dreams

Now that Adam and I are engaged, I feel like I can finally talk about the wedding I've been planning in my head for pretty much my whole life. Not that I'm actually planning my wedding at the moment. Here's a few of my realistic wedding dreams.

#1 - To get married at my home parish in Houston, with all of the important people in my life there to witness it. I have so many memories at that church, like first communion, confirmation, and the time it snowed on Christmas Eve.

#2 - To have Mexican food and a variety of pies at the reception. Basically because I love Mexican food and all kinds of pie. And just to be different. Wedding food can be so boring!

#3 - To wear a short wedding dress. I wore a short dress to the prom and loved it. Seriously, if I could dye that dress white and wear it again, I would. Adam is about a foot taller than me, so wearing a long dress would just make me look shorter.

I do have a very unrealistic wedding dream, to get married at this plantation, Oak Alley, that my family visited over the summer. Isn't it just gorgeous?


What are some of your wedding dreams?

5 comments:

  1. to be completely honest, i have never been the one to think about my wedding. this past year though... going to four of my cousin's weddings...it made me kinda start thinking!

    *i either want the "wedding" part to be private or just have my closest family and friends there.
    *i want a vintage dress -- short!
    *i don't want it to be a big ordeal
    *i want to have it in a small chapel

    that's all i have right now!

    BUT...i really just need a man first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds amazing!
    I've always wanted to get married outside in February; I think thats pretty reasonable for Houston.
    I agree with Lauren, I really need to find a man first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Caitlin,

    If you want a short dress, look at J Crew's Sophia. They have them long and short and petite and come in ivory (not sure about white).

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to get married in fall. and have Chinese food and ice cream cake. and i want my wedding to be very small.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I want to get married at St. Paul Cathedral--it's so pretty there!! :) It's huge though!!! And I like the long dresses with long veils, so that's a must!!! :)

    I want my wedding to happen in the summer...my extended family likes coming in for random weddings (I probably only knew the bride and groom at 2 of the past 10 weddings I've been to lol), and it always makes for a great time with the family. :)

    One wedding we went to in Seattle had an outdoor reception, complete with a gazebo for dancing. I really liked that setup, especially since it was next to a gorgeous lake. Though, that's really hit or miss with weather in Pittsburgh, so I can compromise for a nice dinner hall.

    Though, to be honest, I haven't really thought about it too awfully much lol. And I agree with the general consensus here--I kinda need to find a man first :-P

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.