11.02.2009

Happy Halloween!

Adam and I went to two Halloween parties this weekend. We're that cool. On Friday night, we went to a party at Steve's house. {Steve is Adam's older brother who graduated from Pitt a few years ago. He's been in Guatemala since August, so this was the first time we've seen him in a while.}

On Saturday night, we went to a party thrown by some friends from the Newman Center. After some games, snacks and good conversation, someone announced that tomorrow was daylight savings time. We raced back home to enjoy that extra hour of sleep. Best feeling in the world!

For both parties, Adam and I dressed up as our "future selves." I was a homemaker.



Adam was a math professor.



We also celebrated Halloween by carving a pumpkin. We scooped the guts out together, I drew our design on with sharpie, and then Adam carved it out. While he was working his magic, I took pictures, of course!



With the finished masterpiece.



We might have lit the pumpkin in my pantry. That might be against dorm rules. I know, we're such risk takers.



I love celebrating holidays. Only three short weeks till Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. oh, you two are TOO cute! carving pumpkins is always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, that IS against dorm rules. But I'm not going to tell. lol :) Great job with the pumpkin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, such cute/creative/just like you costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you two are adorable.
    future selves...genius!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.