7.18.2011

Harry Potter

Caitlin 22 - Halloween

Halloween 1999. Allie and I are dressed as Hermione and Ginny.

On Saturday, Adam and I went on a little morning date. We grabbed chicken biscuits at Chick-fil-A and chatted about Harry Potter.

The first Harry Potter book came out when I was nine years old. My dad used to read them out loud to me and Allie every night before bed. It took forever to read them that way, but we loved it. We constantly discussed how Harry would save the day in the end.

As we grew older and the books grew longer, we started reading them ourselves. Of course, we would only buy one copy, so we always fought over who got to read it first!

Thirteen years later, the last installment of the Harry Potter movies came out. After breakfast, Adam and I went to see it. Did you know movies at AMC are only $5 before noon? It's a little weird going the movies at 10 a.m. but totally worth it.

We loved the movie and were sad to see it end. Do you hope J.K. Rowling writes more books? We certainly do. Adam hopes she writes a completely new series, but I hope she writes about the children of Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when HP was new, and I read them underneath the desk during math class in 9th grade! I saw the latest movie at 10:30as at Loew's - is that the same one you saw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. And if you want to watch all Harry Potter movies for free online, here I found a tutorial for help: Where to Watch and How to Download Harry Potter Movies?

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.