12.12.2011

Advent Parties

Parties are fun, don't you think?

Cookie Exchange Party

Last week, my lovely friend Natasha hosted a cookie exchange. I brought our favorite mint chocolate cookies. They were a little burnt because our oven caught fire while I was making them. How, you ask? Well, let's just say when you're baking Thanksgiving pies and some filling drips down to the bottom of the oven, don't wait several weeks to clean it up.

White Elephant Gift Exchange

White Elephant Gift Exchange

Over the weekend, the Newman Center had its' annual pre-finals-week celebration. Tim and Abigail {friends and FOCUS missionaries} did an awesome job hosting the party. The highlight of the night is always the white elephant gift exchange.

Gifts for White Elephant

We brought some goodies from Trader Joe's. Those dark chocolate covered Joe Joe's are like crack, I tell you! I got lucky and ended up with, in my opinion, the best gift of the night, a Chick-fil-A gift card.

We had a lot planned for the last Sunday School of the semester - the traditional St. Nicholas celebration, an advent wreath craft and the nativity play, which we've been rehearsing for the last month. I know that seems like a crazy amount of stuff, but each class session is two hours long. Then our religious education director mysteriously cancelled class with no explanation. I know she must have had a very good reason, but I still can't help feeling annoyed, frustrated and disappointed. All our preparations down the drain!

1 comment:

  1. Aww that's so sad that she cancelled your Sunday School class! I remember when I was little the Christmas CCD class was always the BEST! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.