8.26.2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

 The photo is pretty terrible, but the recipe most certainly isn't. I actually get really excited when we end up with over-ripe bananas, because it means I get to make this!

Banana Bread

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup yogurt
1 egg
1 tablespoon canola oil
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Stir mashed bananas, peanut butter, brown sugar, yogurt, egg, and oil in a separate bowl.
3. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spoon batter into a greased 9x5 loaf pan. 
5. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. 

This is what Claire was doing while I whipped up that banana bread. Going through the recycling bin and feeding her doll some {root} beer. Such a good little mommy. She also realized there was a milk carton at the top of the trash can that really should have been in the recycling, so she fixed that situation. A true Seattle girl...

Just giving her baby some (root) beer. Someone's mothering skills could use some work!

Also, I am on the funeral ministry at church, which means I get an email to bring a dessert for the receptions every couple weeks. But sometimes it slips my mind until the night before {like yesterday} so I keep a big box of brownie mix from Costco for those situations. I like to melt Andes mints on top to make them a little fancier!

Mint Brownies

What are you guys making for dinner this week? We're having pulled pork tonight. I'm on a mission to use up everything in the freezer and pantry.  The freezer, so I can start filling it up with postpartum meals, and the pantry, because it's crazy how all the weird stuff that accumulates in there over a year. So, I'm thinking a white bean chicken chili is also on the agenda. Maybe this one?

1 comment:

  1. Pulled Pork is an amazing meal, that I only realized how easy it was to make around 2 years ago. I have a mean White Bean Chicken Chili that I love. I am getting so ready for soup season (for me soup season is definitely a fall/winter thing. I can't do hot soup in the hot summer). But, I did make chili tonight, because last night it went down to the 60s. Ha. (I know that probably means nothing to the Seattleans). :)

    I'm probably going to make some Perogies this week. In the COSTCO refrigerated section, kind of near all the ready-meals, and around the Guacs and such, there are some refrigerated perogies (that you can also freeze) that are pretty darn delicious. (all of that would have been much more impressive, if I was making them from scratch, but alas).

    I'm with you on cleaning out the freezer. We are dwindling down on meat and such, so I've got some pretty easy going meals going on. But, I love when my freezer isn't too full. Otherwise, I feel like things get lost in there.

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.