3.19.2010

Summer Job & Fall Schedule

I will officially be working as a development intern at the Houston Symphony this summer! I actually interviewed for the position over Winter Break, but I just found out that I won a scholarship from Pitt for unpaid internships. This will be my third summer working in non-profit fund-raising and I couldn't be more excited!

I've really enjoyed working in fund-raising, so I think its something I'd like to do after graduation. I'm planning on staying at Pitt for an extra, fifth year so that Adam and I can graduate at the same time. My tuition scholarship can be extended for that fifth year if I either pursue a master's in history or if I earn two separate degrees {a bachelor's of art in history and a bachelor's of science in some field of business}. Last semester, I wasn't too fond of my accounting classes and loved my history class, so I was leaning towards the history master's option. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that development {not teaching} is what I'd like to do after graduation. I'm officially sticking with business, just not accounting. Here's my fall schedule:

1. Operations Management - Monday & Wednesday from 9:30 to 10:45
2. Introduction to Theater Arts - Monday & Wednesday from 11:00 to 12:15
3. Human Resources Management - Tuesday & Thursday from 8:00 to 9:15
4. Modern Germany - Tuesday & Thursday from 9:30 to 10:45
5. Strategic Management - Tuesday & Thursday from 11:00 to 12:15

I'm taking three business courses, theater to fulfill my fine arts requirement, and another history class for my concentration in modern Western Europe. Even though I have have an 8:00 a.m. class, I'm really excited about my schedule! I'll be able to work in the computer lab {which really means doing homework} every afternoon, Monday through Thursday. Fridays will be free to hopefully work as a Business Ethics TA again and also do laundry, clean, grocery shop, etc. Is it weird that I get so excited about school?

1 comment:

  1. You're so busy! I get so excited about schedules and planning out everything too!

    I hope Aix is going so well (I've been reading--I look forward to your posts! Adam's are especially hilarious. Such a boy!) and I hope you come back to the states completely fluent! You're kinda living one of (my many) dreams.

    And um, how did you know that I wanted to be a curator at the Met and marry Patrick Dempsey? Wow. I really need to see Maid of Honor!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.