10.19.2010

Meal Planning


{apron from anthropologie}

On Sunday, Adam and I reserved a Zipcar and embarked on our monthly grocery shopping expedition. We absolutely hate crowded grocery stores, so our system {one big monthly trip and a smaller weekly trips to our little neighborhood market} is working wonderfully so far. 

The hard part is planning out all of our meals for the next four to five weeks.  As the planner in our marriage, this task falls to me. For our first few months of married life, I stuck to really basic no-recipe-required meals, like tacos, fried rice, and quiche. 

But from now on, I've challenged myself to find five new recipes each month. I searched my favorite food sites  and came up with some pretty tasty ideas.

BBQ Chicken Wings
Southwest Chili
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Pesto Ravioli Gratin
Swiss Cheese Chicken

And you can't forget about dessert! Especially with all the delicious autumn-themed recipes out there.

Oatmeal Raspberry Bars
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Squares
Caramel Apple Pie
Chocolate Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting

Yum, yum, yum. I keep track of our menu and shopping list using Google Calendar and Google Docs, bascially my favorite things ever. And a chalkboard in our kitchen gets updated every Sunday.