9.13.2011

Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken

I am always on the look out for easy, tasty and especially non-mushy {am I right, Allie?} recipes for the crock pot. I knew this one from my blog friend, Katie, wouldn't disappoint.

Hawaiian Chicken

Crock Pot Hawaiian Chicken
{From Spirals & Spatulas}

Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts
Bottle of Target's Archer Farms Hawaiian BBQ Sauce
20 oz. Can Pineapple Chunks, Drained

Directions:
1. Layer the chicken, sauce and pineapple in your slow cooker.
2. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
3. Shred the chicken. {I skipped this part because I am lazy and hate shredding chicken. But, Adam and I both agree that it would have been tastier shredded.}
4. Serve over brown rice with a big portion of veggies on the side.

P.S. We usually have frozen veggies, because I am bad at making sure we use fresh veggies before they spoil. Also, we don't go to the store that often. Anyway, we recently purchased a steamer basket and it has pretty much completely changed our life. Frozen veggies taste so much better!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked it! I agree - steamer baskets are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.