4.13.2012

We are an Easter People...

...and Hallelujah is our song!" - Blessed John Paul II

Untitled

We weren't expecting Easter to be our first holiday celebrated as a family of three, but it was quite a lovely weekend indeed. The only bummer was missing out on the Triduum Masses {since big crowds and infants are a no-go} for the first time since we've been a couple. The Easter morning Mass at St. Paul's Cathedral was beautiful though.

Untitled

Untitled

When we got home from church, we gave Claire her Easter basket - a board book and bunny rattle. Easter was her first time wearing a sundress!

Untitled

We spent the afternoon finishing our new Easter tradition, making confetti eggs. Our church at home always sells these at the parish festival. Why are they so much cooler than the regular egg dying tradition?

- Well, you still get to have the fun of dying eggs.
- But they also have confetti inside and you get to smash them on each others' heads.
- And, you don't have to eat {or throw away} a bunch of hard-boiled eggs. You can use the egg yolks to make scrambled eggs, a perfectly boring meal for Good Friday.

Untitled

Then we had Steve and Elizabeth over for a dinner of pot roast and strawberry pie. And confetti-egg-smashing, of course!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, confetti eggs! I used to cry so much when I was a little kid and people would smash those on my head at church festivals! I didn't like things to be messy when I was little, and all those little pieces of confetti in my hair really made me upset! Haha. Of course, I eventually decided they were fun in high school, but the thought of confetti eggs in my house still stresses me out a little bit. Yours look so bright and festive though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this blog post!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.