10.05.2012

Five on Friday

1. As evidenced by yesterday's post, Claire's good days far, far outweigh her bad ones. But, you know your day is off to a crummy start when Claire is fussing so much at Target {which might have something to do with her mom insisting on checking each and every clearance section, but I can't be sure} that a package of Halloween Oreos near the checkout mysteriously leaps into the cart and is mysteriously opened while still waiting in line.

Untitled

2. I am so, so excited to meet a few of my favorite bloggers in the coming months! First, Jennifer Fulwiler at this conference in November and then the folks from Young House Love at their book signing in January. One of the great tragedies in my life thus far was missing out on the Pioneer Woman's book tour. Just kidding! But, seriously, if Claire hadn't unexpectedly arrived a few days before, I totally would have been there.

3. Our old apartment was in the first floor of a house. I really miss having a backyard and a basement! Not just for the green space and extra storage, respectively, but for the ability to spray paint. When we moved in here, we had five chairs - four that we bought as a set and another that I saved from the dumpster and painted yellow. The trash-picked chair is still sold at Ikea, so I recently bought another for a set of six. Well, transforming a chair from black to yellow without the power of spray paint is quite the undertaking! This guy needed three coats of primer and eight {eight!} coats of paint. And, honestly, it could probably use another coat or two, but I emptied the entire sample pot, so that's as good as it's going to get. 

The Bane of my Existence

4. I think we have decided whether Adam will stay in the workforce or go back to grad school. Neither! Instead, we are going to open an ice cream shop. You see, our town has so many fun independent shops and restaurants, but no good ice cream places. There's Baskin-Robbins, Whole Foods sells gelato and, of course there's a few frozen yogurt shops, but it's just not the same. Something like Dave & Andy's would do amazing here. 

Untitled

5. It wouldn't be a blog post without a picture of Claire, right? It sounds like this little girl is waking up from her nap, so I'd better get going. Before I go, though, I must tell y'all to watch The Mindy Project. We are loving it so far!

1 comment:

  1. totally watched two episodes of that show last nights (while studying of course)! send me some oreos, i need a care package!!!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.