12.18.2012

Claire vs. Food

Claire has been eating solid food for three months now! Here she is on her very first try.

 Claire's First Solid Food

And her she is three months later!

 Three Months of Solids

So far, she's tried a lot of purees:

Apples
Artichokes
Asparagus
Avocado
Bananas
Broccoli 
Carrots
Cauliflower
Green Beans
Peaches
Pears
Pineapple
Potatoes
Prunes
Squash 
Sweet Potatoes
Turnips
Watermelon
Zucchini

And some regular food too, like:

Black Beans
Bread
Cheese
Chicken
Ground Beef
Pasta
Turkey
Yogurt

She usually has some yogurt for breakfast, fruit for lunch, and veggies for dinner. We also give her a rice rusk with every meal. I'm pretty tired of making purees, so I'm hoping we can start phasing those out now and move on to the real stuff.

We quit nursing at seven months. We had both grown to hate it and there were some supply issues due to the necessary formula supplementing. I was super bummed, but I knew it was time. I really wanted to make it to a year and kept coming up with excuses as to why we should stick with it, but my real reason was pride. I so wanted nursing to go according to my plan after Claire's birth most certainly didn't. Although we made a few rookie mistakes, I do think we tried our best to make it work despite starting with less than ideal circumstances. 

I get asked if I'm nursing fairly often {I'm not sure why it comes up so much!} and I always feel a little embarrassed giving my answer. I try to remind myself that when Claire goes to her first day of kindergarten, absolutely no one will be able to tell which of her classmates were given formula!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome.