3.28.2013

A Toddler's Life

Hey guys, it's Claire here. Exactly one year ago today, Mom and Dad brought me home from the hospital and we spent our first full day together. We've come a long way in the past year! Just like I did way back then and again six months ago, Mom asked me to share a day in my life. Here's exactly what happened yesterday:

Day in the Life - 3/27

7:30 am - Good morning! I'm up and ready for the day. After quite a bit of shouting, Mom and Dad come to free me from the confines of my crib. Mom feeds me a bottle and changes my diaper while Dad makes breakfast.

Day in the Life - 3/27

I have yogurt, puffs, and banana slices for breakfast. I'm getting pretty good at getting the spoon to my mouth, but I still need lots of practice scooping the yogurt out of the bowl. Sometimes I wonder if it would just be easier to use my fingers instead. I test out this hypothesis several times.

Day in the Life - 3/27

Dad wipes down my face, hands, and hair. Mom changes my yogurt-covered pajamas. Dad gets in the shower, while Mom makes the bed and gets changed herself. I keep myself busy by stealing some money out of Dad's wallet. Someone's got to start saving for my college education!

Day in the Life - 3/27

Dad cleans up in the kitchen and tries to get me to hang out with him while Mom straightens her hair. I prefer to be with the busier parent when at all possible, so I join Mom in the bathroom and work on unrolling all the toilet paper.

 Day in the Life - 3/27

9:00 am -  We drop Dad off at work and then drive to church for play group. We're a few minutes early, so we stop in the chapel to say hi to Jesus.

Day in the Life - 3/27

At play group, Mom talks with the other moms while I get together with my fellow babies and mostly try to interfere with whatever game the bigger kids have going on. They love us, I know it.

Day in the Life - 3/27

11:00 am - Play group wraps up and we head home. I normally take two naps a day still, so Mom really doesn't want me to fall asleep in the car. She hides my favorite blanket and turns up the radio quite a bit louder than usual. We make it home before I am able to drift off completely.

Day in the Life - 3/27

While Mom makes lunch, I try to knock over the trash can.

Day in the Life - 3/27

We split a bagel with peanut butter, some carrots, and an apple. I am really into munching on whole apples lately.

Day in the Life - 3/27

After we read some books, Mom changes my diaper and feeds me a bottle in my rocking chair.

12:30 pm - It's nap time, at least according to Mom.

1:00 pm - I've finally communicated that I'm not going to sleep, so Mom comes in and immediately smells why. She changes my diaper and my pants.

1:30 pm - I've used up every last drop of energy and fall asleep.

Day in the Life - 3/27

4:00 pm - Hello again! I wake up feeling very well-rested and ready to go.

Day in the Life - 3/27

Mom and I snuggle and watch an episode of Curious George while I drink some milk. My favorite thing lately is dancing to the theme song!

Day in the Life - 3/27

I play with some puzzles in my room while Mom dusts in there and puts my laundry away.

Day in the Life - 3/27

I decide to be extra nice and play on my own for a few minutes while Mom puts dinner in the oven. Usually I prefer to be right under her feet, emptying the pots out of the cabinet, but I'm in a generous mood.

Day in the Life - 3/27

5:00 pm - We are both feeling antsy and ready for Dad to get home, so we head out for a walk to kill some time. We live right near a trail that goes along a river, so we walk over there to watch the ducks and practice our quacking.

5:45 pm - We're back home. Dad walks in the door a couple minutes later. Hooray! He carries me around on his shoulders while Mom finishes up dinner.

Day in the Life - 3/27

For dinner, we have a kind of weird "we're really tired of being vegetarian for Lent" assortment of baked potatoes, broccoli, baked beans, and grapes. Mom and Dad talked a lot about the Supreme Court. I didn't get much out of the conversation, but it sounds like some important stuff is happening there?

Day in the Life - 3/27

After I've eaten my weight in grapes and smeared baked beans all over my face, it's time for a bath. Bath time always involves me crawling away as fast as I can once I've been stripped down to my diaper. There's nothing like being naked.

Day in the Life - 3/27

Mom and Dad hang out with me while I play in the tub. Dad gets me all clean and Mom puts my pajamas on. I've figured out what "lay still" means and while most of the time I feign ignorance, today I decide to actually listen.

Day in the Life - 3/27

Mom and Dad take turns reading stories while I have my last bottle of the day.

7:30 pm - We say our prayers, Dad sings me a lullaby, and then I'm off to bed. I wonder what Mom and Dad do while I'm sleeping?

1 comment:

You are awesome.