1. Let's be honest, we're all here for the cute baby. It's been too long since I've posted videos.
She's getting quicker on her feet every day!
I guess it's good that she will at least try vegetables?
2. Tomorrow we're getting started on building our own desk! I'm excited. We're using this plan from Ana White. If it goes okay, I think we'll try building this kid's picnic table too.
3. Apartment living in a rainforest-ish climate poses a problem: mold. My least favorite chore is scrubbing the mold off the windows every week. But even grosser is how mold grows behind our bed. The first time we saw that, we started saving for a head board. For a second, we thought we could try building our own with another Ana White plan before we realized that it would be a little challenging to build something that large on our balcony. Ha! We do really like this one from World Market though.
4. I feel like people are really confused about our age when they see us out with Claire. The last two times I bought alcohol at the grocery store, I didn't get carded, despite the large sign at the cash saying that you should expect to be carded until you're 27. But a few weeks ago, we went to a conference at church to hear the archbishop and Scott Hahn speak. At the registration table, they tried to give us name tags for the "teen track" even though we were simultaneously signing up our daughter for the nursery.
5. I forgot to share with you guys the tutorial we used to make confetti eggs. They were always sold at our parish festival growing up. Actually, back when Adam and I first met, we ran a "crawfish races" booth at the festival, which wasn't really the best idea for a booth, and have fond memories of confetti egg smashing together ever since.