10.15.2013

One Last Sewing Project

When we finished everything on our "before baby" checklist, Adam assumed that I would spend the rest of my pregnancy relaxing on the couch reading a book or something. Little did he know, I had a secret "just in case we finish everything else" to-do list. 

Honestly, sometimes I wish I was the kind of person who just liked to relax on the couch with a book. But it's just not how my brain works. Although I do really enjoy reading, I have to schedule it into my day to make sure it happens. Most of the time, I try to read for fifteen minutes or so when Claire first goes down for a nap, usually while I'm eating lunch. And, since I'm being honest here, I will go ahead and admit that I love taking baths. I feel like that's a weird thing to admit? But usually some reading happens in there too. 

Okay, back to the point. So, my secret "maybe I'll get to it list" was the following:

- Update my recipe binder
- Make Claire a doll carrier
- Update some art in our little hallway gallery
- Make a festive table runner and napkins with fabric I purchased last Christmas

The recipe binder turned out to be one of these really quick projects that you can't believe you put off for so long. I knocked it out in one weekend nap time. And then I spent a few evenings last week making Claire's doll carrier. I used a pattern from this really great book. 

Claire's Doll Carrier

The Front. 

Claire's Doll Carrier

The Back. 

Claire's Doll Carrier

My little mama modeling her new toy. She's loving it!

Claire's Doll Carrier

But apparently modeling is pretty tiring work...

I'm still kind of hoping to get to the other two projects before the end of the year. We'll see. Part of me wanted to try to knock another one out this week, but I decided to force myself to relax instead. {The long walks I've been taking everyday made the decision quite a bit easier.} I actually watched a whole hour-long tv episode last night and didn't do anything else during it. That is huge for me. Huge!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - that picture with the carrier on is ADORABLE.

    I love baths too. And yes, if I've not been making enough time for reading lately, a bath is always a good "excuse" to get some reading time in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are seriously impressive. I don't know if I've ever met a more "type A" organized, orderly, busy bee, project oriented person! You be crazy girl! The baby carrier is adorable and just as cute as the model.

    I have always loved and cherished baths. Always. The only stinky thing about rentals is you often get a crappy bathtub. I've basically never had a comfortable one since I've left home. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! When you write your first home management book, I'll preorder on Amazon, and advertise for you!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.