12.17.2013

Salted Nutella Fudge

I can't remember the last time I've went so long without posting! (And I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.) It's just been a whirlwind of Christmas activity around here. And a whirlwind of dirty diapers. But now the birth announcements and Christmas cards are in the mail. As of this evening, all the holiday goodies are boxed up and ready to be delivered to friends and neighbors. Whew. I definitely couldn't have done any of it without lots and lots of help from Grandma over the last two weeks! 

Untitled

Grandma and Claire

I usually make chocolate mint cookies, gingersnaps, shortbread and fudge each Christmas. Oh, and I also tried making caramels once! This year, I tried a new fudge recipe, recommended by my sister. 

Salted Nutella Fudge

Salted Nutella Fudge

Ingredients:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup nutella 
3 tablespoons butter
Sea salt 

Directions:
1. Grease the bottom of an 8x8 pan. Line with parchment paper, leaving a bit of overlap on the sides.
2. In a medium glass bowl, stir all of the ingredients except for the salt. 
3. Form a double-boiler by setting the bowl on a pot of simmering water. The water should not touch the bowl. Stir until the mixture is smooth, about five minutes. 
4. Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan, spread the top smooth with a spatula, and sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate until the fudge is firm, at least two hours. 
5. Run a knife under hot water, dry it off, and run it around the edges of the pan to loosen the fudge. Using the overhanging parchment paper, lift the fudge out. Peel off the parchment paper. Cut the fudge into tiny squares. It's very, very rich, so the smaller the better. 

 So good, you guys! My sister flew in late this evening. My dad and brother will be here tomorrow. I'm really glad everything is crossed off my list so I can relax and enjoy some family time! Well, as much as the parent of two very small children can relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome.