1. Of course, the week before we move, all four of us get sick. It's just a bad cold and we're on the mend now, but getting sick as a parent is never fun. I'm really, really hoping we're all healthy for the rest of the winter.
2. One day this week, I volunteered to bring a dessert to a funeral at church. I made the Pioneer Woman's dark chocolate brownies, but accidentally left them on top of the car. Needless to say, they didn't make it very far before falling off and getting run over. Thank goodness for Trader Joe's cupcakes! The same day, I got all the way to the check-out at Target before noticing I'd left my wallet at home. I think I need more sleep...
3. But if you have to be up with a wide awake baby in the middle of the night, it helps to have a favorite tv show to keep you company. Lately I've been watching the Pioneer Woman Cooks and America's Test Kitchen through Amazon Prime.
4. I've finally jumped on the coconut oil train. We tested the waters by using it as a rash ointment for cloth diapers and had great results. My first foray in the kitchen was substituting it for vegetable oil in our favorite whole wheat waffle recipe. It's silly, I know, but I always thought things cooked with coconut oil would actually taste like coconut and have been pleasantly surprised to find that's not the case.
5. This deserves a post of its own, rather than following a take about coconut oil, but this will just have to do. We took Maggie to her four-month appointment last week, where we had the option of giving her four shots or using a combo vaccine and eliminating two of the shots. We went with all four shots because the combo vaccine our doctor had, Pentacel, uses aborted fetal cell lines. You can find a list of all the vaccines that are made in the same way right here.
6. And abruptly switching to a much lighter note, we get the keys to our new place tonight! So, so, so excited to get in there and start unpacking!