11.28.2014

Thankful #4: Leisure Time

I meant to post this yesterday, but Thanksgiving preparations (and then online shopping!) kept me busy.

P1140703
Hiking up Multnomah Falls in Portland over Labor Day weekend.
 
Even though sleeping in is most definitely a thing of the past, I am so thankful for weekends. Everything is better when Adam's home and we're all together. I am thankful for the synchronized naptime I can usually count on to write this blog, which is such a fun creative outlet for me. I am thankful for the girls' early bedtime, leaving me time for various craft and sewing projects. I am thankful for Netflix and Hulu. I am thankful for the library, especially for the ability to request holds and for digital copies that I can read on my phone in snatches throughout the day. I am thankful for our double stroller and for long walks through the neighborhood. I am thankful for our gym membership, discounted through Adam's work, and for the free childcare it provides. I am thankful for date nights and babysitters we trust. I am thankful for our membership to the children's museum and for the various other indoor playgrounds that make rainy winter days with toddlers infinitely more bearable. I am thankful for the long weekend trips to Portland and Spokane we made this year and for the chance to see more of the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome.