11.30.2014

Thankful #7: Faith

P1120186
 Lighting the Advent wreath on Christmas Eve last year.
 
On the last day of Thanksgiving break, which also happens to be the first Sunday of Advent, I am thankful for our Catholic faith. I am thankful for the liturgical year and the chance to share all the rich traditions of our religion with my children. I am thankful for our parish and the wonderful community there. I am thankful for the opportunity to visit many, many beautiful cathedrals across North America and Europe. I am thankful to have heard Mass in several different languages and to know that countless communities around the world are celebrating the same liturgy. As Advent begins, I am thankful for another period of waiting and anticipation to prepare my heart for our savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome.