6.26.2015

Stuff I've Made Lately

Three of our six rooms now have curtains! 

P1170821

P1170825

I used the same yellow fabric in the nursery and the guestroom, since the twin beds and cribs might be rearranged at some point when more kiddos are added to the mix. I made them both black-out curtains just by clipping the lining to the yellow fabric with ring clips. Mostly because I'm lazy, but all because that way it will be easier to reuse the components in the future. 

P1170823

In our bedroom, I actually reused an old shower curtain from our first apartment. 

P1170824

My other much more challenging sewing project of late was making these sundresses for the girls. 

P1170827

I used a pattern from the book "Sew Classic Clothes for Girls." I found the pattens much harder to understand than the other sewing book I've purchased  "Oliver + S Little Things To Sew."

IMG_1277

But I persevered eventually! Here are the girls modeling their new dresses at Mass on Sunday. 

P1170828

Finally my other favorite hobby - making photo books in Blurb. I finished our 2014 family yearbook and Maggie's baby book. They follow the same format as the ones I show you in this post.

P1170831

I also ordered Chat Books of my favorite Instagram photos, one for each year of my babies' lives. I actually ordered two copies of each book, one to put away for later and one for the girls to look at, which explains why these ones look a little beat up. 

P1170833

Just seeing all of these displayed on the bookshelf makes me happy!

1 comment:

  1. I love how the Burch Family Yearbooks get a little thicker with each year. :)

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.