1.16.2010

TWU Road Trip

On Thursday, I got to accompany my parents on a little road trip to take Allie back to school. Texas Woman's is in Denton, about an hour from Dallas and five hours from Houston.


Of course, no Texas road trip would be complete without a stop at Bucee's, a super-awesome gas station, for beef jerky and Dr. Pepper products.


We stopped in Dallas to pick up Allison's friend, Kailin, at the airport and then arrived on campus. I was super excited to see Allison's dorm room. I love how bright and colorful it is - just like her!



We ran a few errands and then checked into my parents' hotel, where we were surprised to discover a delicious free dinner of salmon, green beans, and roasted potatoes. After dinner, we went to the movies and had dessert at Allison's favorite place, Yogurt Story!


Why does my hair look so weird so in these pictures? Because Allie's straightener sadly died the other day, so I let her take mine, since I have to buy a new one for Europe anyway. They better sell straighteners in the Frankfurt airport!

4 comments:

  1. ohhhh gosh, i just LOVE buc-ees's! looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to see the tiny-ness that is the woman's college!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad you came along for the trip back to school and got to stay in my dorm room! and thank you SO much the use of your lovely straightener. so far it is still working!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.