10.22.2010

Blessings


One year ago today, Adam asked me to marry him. Saying yes was the easiest decision I've ever made, but deciding when to get married {in college or after graduation} was definitely the hardest. We prayed about it, figured out our financial situation, talked to our priest and our parents, and finally decided to take the plunge. Ever since we set the date for July 31st, God has blessed us in so many ways and really affirmed that we are following His will. Here are just some of the amazing things, big and small, that have happened over the last year.

At our home parish, the first step in the marriage prep process is going to an orientation, held the fourth Tuesday of every month. So the only monthly meeting we could attend {which would be before the required six month time frame and while we were home from school} was over Thanksgiving Break. Well, when we arrived at the church that Tuesday evening, it turns out that the meeting was actually moved to the previous week because of Thanksgiving. But a Deacon just happened to have stayed late that night and agreed to meet with us anyway. And he actually got married when he was twenty, so he had tons of great advice about getting married young. 

We didn't start looking for a place to live until the last week of the fall semester. We only looked at one apartment because it's probably the cheapest one-bedroom apartment in our neighborhood, at only $450 a month, and it's way, way nicer than we were expecting. {it has a dishwasher!}

One door closes and another door opens. When we got stuck in London over Spring Break because of the Icelandic volcano eruption, we were so worried about how we'd pay for the extra expense. That very same day, Adam found out that he won an award from the Physics department that came with a $500 check. In August, I got my schedule for my job in the computer lab and discovered that I'd only be working twelve hours a week, not the twenty I'd been counting on. But a few hours later, I got an email from a professor I worked as a TA for last year, asking me to help with his class again.

And that's just the beginning.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

God is so good.