5.24.2011

Pork Gyros

I've been in the mood for Greek food lately, so when I saw a recipe for gyros in the Pioneer Woman's weekly "web deliciousness" posts {my favorite spot for menu inspiration} I knew that they just had to happen. But cooking lamb kinda freaked me out and it was pretty pricey, so I went with pork instead.

Pork Gyros

Pork Gyros
{From My Greek Ambition}

Ingredients:
4 small, thin pork chops
4 whole wheat pitas
Lettuce, tomato and onion
Tzatziki sauce

Directions:
1. Cook the pork chops in a frying pan with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Slice the pork into thin strips.
3. Assemble your pita with meat, lettuce, tomato, onion and tzatziki sauce.
4. Enjoy! Makes four servings, obviously. For best results, serve with Greek salad and hummus & pita chips.

Tzatziki Sauce
{Also from My Greek Ambition}

Ingredients:
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 a cucumber
2 teaspoons garlic
2 teaspoons dill
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
Salt to taste

Directions:
1. Remove the seeds from your cucumber. Either chop or grate and then strain to remove excess liquid.
2. Combine the yogurt and cucumber in a small mixing bowl. Add the garlic, dill, olive oil and vinegar.
3. Stir until thourgouly mixed. Refrigerate for one to two hours before serving.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh, reminds me of Yummy's in Denton. What a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.