2.02.2012

Pasta Bake

Lately, I have been a little obsessed with the idea of preparing freezer meals for Baby's arrival. So obsessed that I may have emptied our freezer to figure out exactly how many casserole dishes I could stuff in there.

Anyway, here is a new {to me at least} recipe that I'm adding to the freezer meal list. Sorry about the not-so-appetizing picture. I actually served this when we had friends over for dinner. I always feel weird taking pictures of our meal when people are over, so I had to snap one of the leftovers.

Baked Gemelli

Pasta Bake
{From Adam's Mom}

Ingredients:
1 pound gemelli pasta
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup pesto
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
2. In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat one tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion and cook until it starts to soften, about three minutes. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
3. Drain off any excess fat. Add the tomatoes and one teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer and cook until most of the liquid evaporates, about ten minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the pesto.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Toss with sauce.
5. Pour half the pasta into the baking dish and top with half the cheese. Repeat with remaining pasta and cheese. Bake for fifteen minutes. Serves six to eight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome.