5.31.2013

Twenty-Four

Last Sunday was my birthday! Honestly, if I had to rank all twenty-four of my birthdays, I'm pretty sure this one would be pretty close to the bottom of the list. Toddler waking up obscenely early + toddler throwing up three times before noon + flying across the country with said toddler = not a recipe for the best day ever. But, at least Claire didn't throw up on the plane, which at that point, was the best birthday present I could possibly have wished for. And did I mention that this is the second year in a row I've had to fly with a baby on my birthday? I'm really hoping that doesn't become a new birthday tradition.
 
But, we did celebrate quite a bit before and after my actual birthday, so I really have nothing to complain about. One day last week, Allie and I snuck out during Claire's afternoon nap to get pedicures and do some shopping.

Caitlin's Birthday

I used some of my birthday money to splurge on a new purse. I love, love, love it. Later that same day, Adam and I had a dinner date at Pappasito's, my favorite purveyor of chile con queso.
 
Caitlin's Birthday

I'm really glad we flew back to Seattle on Sunday, even if it was my birthday. Adam had Memorial Day off, so we got a chance to unpack and stock up on groceries before he went back to work. I snuck out during Claire's afternoon nap again and used the rest of my birthday money to get a massage for the first time! Um, amazing. I'm thinking that needs to become the real new birthday tradition.

Caitlin's Birthday

Caitlin's Birthday

We made cheese and chocolate fondue for dinner that night and watched a few episodes of the just-released season of Arrested Development. So, overall, it was a pretty good start to my twenty-fourth year. Here's hoping my next birthday involves a little less vomit, though!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, sorry that Claire was sick on your birthday! :( That stinks. But happy belated birthday, and I hope the coming year is exciting for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Hopefully Adam took care of the throw-up-clean-up for you!

    I'm so excited you got a kate spade purse! I LOVE them (I only let myself buy one when they're having one of their big "surprise sales" online though)! Ever since I got my two kate spade bags I very rarely carry anything else! And I put heavy law school textbooks and tons of stuff in them and take them everywhere, and they hold up so well! I've had mine for over a year and they still look brand new. I think you'll be happy with yours! :)

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.