11.15.2013

Recent Reads

I mentioned yesterday how much I love my Kindle. I've been spending lots of time on the couch, feeding a baby, these past few weeks and my Kindle has been getting lots of action. Since Maggie's arrived, I've read the following books:

Recent Books

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty 
Where'd you go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
The Time of my Life by Cecilia Ahern
The Little Way of Ruthie Leming by Rod Dreher
The Sinner's Guide to Natural Family Planning by Simcha Fisher
Pope Awesome and Other Stories by Cari Donaldson

As you can tell, I like "chick lit." My favorite out of this bunch was "Where'd you go, Bernadette" because it has a lot of hilarious observations about Seattle which I really related to.

I also really like memoirs, especially when they're written by bloggers I admire. My favorite out of this bunch was "The Little Way of Ruthie Leming" even though Adam's the one who reads Rod Dreher's blog. But you'll need tissues for this one!

I have a few books going at the moment. I just started "The Rosie Project." I somehow became in charge of picking the autumn read for mom's group at church and went with "The Temperament God Gave Your Kids." Adam and I are reading "Brideshead Revisited" out loud to each other before bed. And I'm still plugging away at "Saints for Catholic Moms" in hopes of finishing before the end of the year.

What have you been reading lately? My list is getting shorter and shorter but my middle of the night companion shows no signs of kicking the habit, so please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome.