11.25.2014

Thankful #2: Employment

Visiting Daddy's Work
 Baby Claire visiting Daddy's office.

I am so thankful that Adam fell into his job in the software industry, rather than pursuing his PhD. I am thankful that he has such a short commute and that his company is so family-friendly, from flexible hours to plenty of high chairs in the cafeterias to monthly movie nights to a month's paid paternity leave with each new child. I am thankful that we were able to pay off our car and student loans faster than we could have hoped for. If he had gone to graduate school, not only would we have seen him considerably less, I would also have had to work in some capacity to supplement our income. I am really, really thankful that I get to spend all my days taking care of our home and our children. 

1 comment:

  1. That is an AWESOME company alright! I don't think I'd ever heard this back story about Adam's job, but I'm so happy for you guys that he's landed in a place that is so right for your family.

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.