2.06.2012

Recipe Binder

Recipe Binder

Recipe Binder

Recipe Binder

So, I had this really cute recipe binder. But, it required copying the recipes down by hand onto notecards. Basically, I never updated it.

I crossed off my first new year's resolution and made myself a new recipe binder that involves typing instead. All it took was a pretty binder from Target, page protectors, dividers, and a whole lot of time.

Organizing the main course recipes was pretty easy, but the baked goods proved a little more challenging. I use a few baked good recipes all the time {like oatmeal cookies} but others {like apple pie} only get made once or twice a year.

I eventually decided to organize the less frequently used recipes by season. My main gal Martha has a seasonal eating guide on her recipe site that I found super helpful.

P1030811

Here's my sparkly new recipe binder hanging out on the bookshelf with my magazine binder and cookbook collection!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for being organized! I'm slowly transitioning all my recipes onto my blog... It's so much easier to click through my recipes tab than to go digging through my binder/stack of recipe cards/Ziploc of magazine recipe clippings.

    Our new house has enough counter space that I can put my laptop on the counter a safe distance away from all the cooking mess, and I just read the recipes right off of Spirals & Spatulas! Plus I can access it on my phone and see what groceries I need and stop at the store on my way home from school without ever having to find a paper recipe. I love it! I dream of the day I'll have all my recipes on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy Bill Bryson books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! You look very organized (more than me, at least!)

    Catherine
    FEST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to kick my hiney. This is like a BIG to do for me that I keep putting off. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome.