4.14.2015

Stuff I've Made Lately

For Claire's birthday, we added a back to the play kitchen. 

P1160905

It was a very simple project, just too overwhelming to accomplish at Christmas, when we made the rest of the play kitchen.

P1160906

We also added a phone and a mailbox to the blank side. I'm itching to spray paint the mailbox a fun color when it's warm enough outside.

P1160908

We painted a thick piece of plywood with some turquoise paint to match the fridge shelves. We pulled the mirror and little shelf out of storage. I cut a dishtowel in half to make the curtain - just hemmed the rough edge and added some pompom fringe. We already had the ring clips and painted a dowel white for the curtain rod. Adam set everything up while Allie and I were getting ready for the party on Claire's birthday eve.

P1160912

Try as I might, I only got blurry pictures of Claire wearing her Easter present. She requested a purple cape "just like Elsa." I used a little red riding hood pattern from this book, which I previously used to make her a baby doll carrier. I bought two yards of a basic purple fabric and used a gingham from my stash as the lining.  I'm quite proud of how it turned out, but the recipient hasn't been a huge fan because apparently Elsa's cape doesn't have a hood.

P1160911

For Maggie's Easter gift, I gave her a doll that matches one I made for Claire a couple Christmases ago. I used the same Bit of Whimsy Dolls pattern. This one came together much quicker. It was gratifying to know my sewing skills are slowly improving.

P1160909

The two sister dolls together!

P1160902

In the past month, we also made Claire's crib into a toddler bed. We purchased two new sets of sheets and a changing pad cover on clearance at Land of Nod for the occasion. She's taken to sleeping in it very easily, maybe because we waited so long to make the switch.

P1160901

Next up: finally making curtains for the bedrooms and sewing matching sundresses for my girls! Adam gave me a sewing book last Christmas that I haven't had a chance to use yet. I found some really cute fabric that I can't wait to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome.